Patients who desire a breast reduction are usually attempting to diminish the symptoms that are caused by excessively large and heavy breasts such as neck, back, and shoulder pain.
The goal of breast reduction surgery at the leading plastic surgery clinic in Guadalajara, Elaen Plastic Surgery Center, is not only to improve or eliminate these symptoms but also to improve the size and shape of the breasts.
Breast reduction can be performed at any age, but it is usually recommended to wait until breast development is complete. Pregnancy and breastfeeding may have significant effects on the size and shape of your breasts.
Some women may elect to have breast surgery prior to having children. Breast lift surgery may affect your ability to breastfeed; this point will be discussed at your consultation.
Am I a Candidate for Breast Reduction
The goal of breast reduction surgery is to reduce the size of the breasts in addition to improving the contour. The position of your areolas and nipples will be enhanced — and the size of your areolas will be aesthetically pleasing. You may be a good candidate for breast reduction surgery in Guadalajara if:
- Your breasts that are too large and out of proportion to your body
- You have heavy, pendulous breasts with nipples and areolas that are too low
- You have significant asymmetry (one breast larger than the other)
- You endure back, neck or shoulder pain caused by the weight of your breasts
- You have skin irritation beneath your breasts
- You have indentations in your shoulders from tight bra straps (shoulder grooving)
- Your physical activity is restricted due to the size and weight of your breasts
- You have dissatisfaction or self-consciousness about the largeness of your breasts
What to Expect in Your Initial Consultation
During the consultation, you will be asked about your desired breast shape and size. Our lead surgeon, Dr. Alejandro, will discuss your options regarding different techniques — and the placement of incisions. It is important for us to spend as much time as necessary to make you feel completely comfortable about your decision and answer all of your questions.
Once you arrive in Guadalajara, Dr. Alejandro will examine you, taking measurements and perhaps photographs for your medical record. The size and shape of your breasts, the quality of your skin, and the placement of the nipples and areolas will be carefully evaluated.
Get a FREE quote for Breast Implants
Once you click the button you will receive your quote in your email within a few minutes and we will never spam you.